7 – 11 Physical Education
Football, netball, cricket, tennis, badminton, fitness suite, trampolining, basketball, handball, table tennis, athletics, rounders, street surfing, rowing and rugby. You name it, we play it!
Mr Beattie (Head of Physical Education)
Exam Board: EDEXCEL
Qualification: GCSE Physical Education
- 60% theory paper
- 30% practical assessment
- 10% personal exercise programme
GCSE PE at Hammersmith Academy will equip students with the knowledge, understanding, skills and values they need to be able to develop and maintain their performance in physical activities. Students will also gain understanding of how physical activities benefit health, fitness and well-being.
CORE Physical Education
The PE department has a belief that all students should access high quality PE and Sport regardless of their ability and background. The curriculum in PE supports both academically minded students through the development of their knowledge and understanding of PE and Sport; and supporting those who act as leaders and coaches through personal & social development as well as acquiring the ability to analyse performances. This curriculum supports the development of all rounded PE students – not merely elite sporting ability. Finally, the offer of a broad and balanced curriculum from Years 7 to 11 encourages students.
- develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge and understanding to improve performance understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport.
- perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport.
- understand the contribution that physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being.
- understand the key socio-cultural influences that can affect people’s involvement in Physical activity and sport.
What’s unique about HA Sport?
Unusually for a state school we can offer rowing as an activity offered in the curriculum time due to links with the Fulham Reach Boat Club.
We also offer an extensive extra-curricular programme offered by staff and access to external specialist sports coaches.