Fair Banding Access Test
Fair Banding Test dates (for entry to Year 7 in September 2022):
If you have any questions regarding the fair banding tests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next available test dates will be:
- Early Banding Test – Saturday 25th September 2021* – Please register for this early test by clicking this link.
- Fair Banding – Saturday 27th November 2021* – A registration form is not required.
- Fair Banding – Saturday 4th December 2021* – A registration form is not required.
* The Academy will be hosting banding tests but these dates are subject to change in line with government policy. Details of these arrangements, to comply with the Academy’s strict Covid-19 policy are stated within our letter of invitation to applicants. Parents will receive an invitation letter by email/post of their allocated date and time.
COVID-19 Notice: If your child is exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (fever, loss of sense of taste and smell, headache, stomach upset or continuous cough) or has been told to self-isolate, they MUST NOT attend the banding test. Your child will not be disadvantaged by this and we will notify you of another testing date to attend. Please contact the Admissions Department if you cannot attend.
Hammersmith Academy accepts students of all abilities, and in order to secure an all ability intake, all applicants for admission must take a Fair Banding test. This is not a pass or fail test. All applicants for places in the school will be banded according to the principles of Fair Banding, using the national profile.
Children in public care (Looked After Children) will be required to take the Fair Banding test.
Parents/Carers who intend to put Hammersmith Academy down on the preference form as either first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth choice will need to take the school Fair Banding test. When they sit their test will have no impact on whether or not they are offered a place.
Those who do not sit the early test in September 2020, but place Hammersmith Academy as one of their preferences on their application, will automatically be invited to attend a Fair Banding test in November.
After the allocation of children with SEN or EHC plan, the admission criteria will be applied in the following order of priority within ability bands:
- Looked After and previously Looked After Children
- Pupils living in the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
- Siblings outside the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
- Pupils living outside the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
Moving On Up – Hammersmith and Fulham
The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham produces a guide for parents with children transferring to secondary school in 2021. You can download the Moving On Up document here.