All advertisements for all posts clearly stipulate the stance adopted by the Academy by the inclusion of the following statement: ‘The Academy is committed to safeguarding children and young people.’
At Hammersmith Academy we ensure our CPD is bespoke to our staff based on levels of experience, expertise and years of teaching. Instead of a one size fits all approach, we work hard to make sure everyone feels like they are being stretched and improving.
Training for NQTs
Our NQTs are accredited though the Thomas Telford School training centre. NQTs receive an excellent support programme to ensure
success in their first year which includes weekly NQT meetings, 1:1 support with the Head of Teaching and Learning and weekly sharing of best practice from experienced staff.
You can book face-to-face sessions or you can use our library or video clips, articles and online resources. This way, you can pick and mix the training you need, from presentation skills to early language intervention for reception children.
Our schools develop their own training sessions based on what their people need – a particular school might run a session about how their teachers write lesson plans, or how they implement the school’s curriculum.
- Interest Free Loan of up to £1000 - for a piece of IT equipment like an iPad
- Employer pension contribution – Teachers pension scheme (Teachers); Local Government Pension scheme (Support staff)
- Season ticket loan – employees are entitled to apply for an annual, interest free season ticket loan for travel or apply for a bike loan
- Free Health and Fitness – full access to the Academy’s fantastic gym and fitness facilities
- Free lunch and hot drinks – for staff who dine with students
- Free breakfast — on Fridays and on INSET days and staff can take advantage of our subsidised breakfast service each day
- A commitment to Wellbeing — free flu vaccinations offered annually, INSET in July to plan for September so that you can enjoy your summer, an annual wellbeing week and a two week half term during the Autumn Term.