Our SENCO is Mr Tariq Hillman. Email: THillman@hammersmithacademy.org
The member of SLT with responsibility for SEN is Mr Matthew Sheppard.
How does the Academy increase disabled pupils’ ability to participate in curriculum?
- We provide games as well as PE, as it is easier to access.
- We provide a lift pass to those students who require one so they can access all subjects.
- We provide TA support to students who cannot scribe/read/hear/see.
- We ensure that quality first teaching has differentiation throughout for all types of learners’ needs.
- Our curriculum is not dependant upon a specific skill set, but broad and balanced (Expressive Arts, Performing Arts, English, Maths, STEM and Humanities) and is accessible to all. Our extra-curricular offer also ensures breadth and depth so that all learners with all types of need can access it.
- All areas of the school are accessible for wheelchairs, using lifts and ramps.
What accessibility arrangements does the Academy provide for students who qualify for support?
- a reader
- rest breaks
- extra time
- modified papers
- enlarged papers
- a separate room
- differentiated start times
Local Authority Offer
- You can also view the Local Offer link for Hammersmith and Fulham here.
- Parents of children living in Ealing should click here for their local authority’s local offer.
- Families living in Kensington and Chelsea should click here.
- Residents living in Hounslow click here.
- Families of children living in Westminster should click here.
Webinars for Parents
We are in the process of producing a series of webinars designed for parents to help you support your child’s learning and development. Please click on the videos you are interested in.