Sixth Form Curriculum
Grades and Courses
We offer over 20 A Level courses as well as alternative programs. Students are expected to gain a minimum of eight 9-4 grades at GCSE, including English and Mathematics, for entry on to any A Level course, with at least a grade 6 in the chosen subject.
Students are able to study up to the equivalent of four A Level course choices, this includes combining A Levels alongside BTEC courses.
We have developed a curriculum which offers choice and breadth for students through a range of BTEC, Applied and Advanced General Certificate of Education courses. Our offer may be subject to change depending on the popularity of courses. The information that you provide on your application form will help us in the development of a flexible curriculum model.
The Sixth Form Curriculum at Hammersmith Academy will:
- Provide you with access to a broad range of academic and vocational courses, including those in the very latest specialisms of Creative and Digital Media and IT.
- Prepare you for successful entry into University, employment or further training. We shall be offering a mixture of AS and A2 levels and vocational BTEC programmes, aimed at a broad range of ability
- Develop your skills for University or employment, by using our links with the Creative and Media industries and through our academic partners at the St. Paul’s Schools, other leading 6th form colleges and comprehensive schools
- Support you through our dedicated Careers Lead, who will provide information and guidance on opportunities for work placements and University taster/open days
- Ensure you develop a mature and professional attitude. High standards of achievement will provide access to premier career opportunities and the ability to succeed in diverse work environments
- AS, A2 and BTEC courses can be combined to provide you with your own personalised curriculum pathway.
Sixth Form Courses
- Sixth Form
- Academy Life