Information and Communications Technology is everywhere. Our whole lives are lived through communications technology now and anyone who wants to be successful must be literate in multiple forms of software. The world is now a digital platform, it’s hugely exciting.
Ms McGechan (Lead Teacher of ICT)
Exam Board: OCR
Qualification: GCSE Computer Science
- 25% of the qualification is externally assessed. Edexcel sets and marks this assessment
- 75% is through coursework submission internally marked and externally verified.
Computer Science is a subject that can be applied to the all career paths and many aspects of life. Computer science has brought us 3D printing in the engineering industry, AI has bought us manufacturing robots and domestic robots, home security is dominated by computer science and let’s not forget the not forget the most popular piece of technology… smart phones!
In the computer science curriculum we aim to show a wide array of subject that students will need to know going forward in life to make them competent and innovative young adults.
Just some of the topic areas the curriculum covers is:
- Python programming
- Graphic Design
- Understanding computers and networks
- Binary and how computers communicate.
- Being safe online
- System security
- Legal and Ethical issues surrounding IT systems
Computer Science is the present and very much the future and at HA we want students to be a part of that future change!
- Graphical Design
- Computer Hardware and software understand
- Using systems
- Algorithmic and Computational Thinking
- Bletchley Park
- Museum of Computing
- DigiGirlz Trips at Microsoft
Almost every career involves using computer technology so the options are endless but to name a few:
- Software developer
- Tech specialist
- Graphic Designer
- Gamer Designer/Developer
- Data analyst/scientist
- App developer
Careers in Artificial intelligence & robotics