Fair Banding Access Test
Fair Banding Test dates:
- Saturday 23 November 2019
- Saturday 30 November 2019
If you have any questions regarding the fair banding tests, please email email@example.com
Registration for Fair Banding Test
Hammersmith Academy accepts students of all abilities, and in order to secure an all ability intake, all applicants for admission must take a Fair Banding test. This is not a pass or fail test. All applicants for places in the school will be banded according to the principles of Fair Banding, using the national profile.
Children in public care (Looked After Children) will be required to take the Fair Banding test.
Parents/Carers who intend to put Hammersmith Academy down on the preference form as either first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth choice will need to take the school Fair Banding test. When they sit their test will have no impact on whether or not they are offered a place.
Those who do not sit the early test in September 2019, but place Hammersmith Academy as one of their preferences on their application, will automatically be invited to attend a Fair Banding test in November.
After the allocation of children with SEN or EHC plan, the admission criteria will be applied in the following order of priority within ability bands:
- Looked After and previously Looked After Children
- Pupils living in the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
- Siblings outside the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
- Pupils living outside the Academy admissions priority area on the basis of straight-line distance
Moving On Up – Hammersmith and Fulham
The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham produces a guide for parents with children transferring to secondary school in 2019. You can download the Moving On Up document here.