On Monday 23rd March 2020, the Prime Minister announced emergency measures to help fight against coronavirus.
It is now extremely important that you and your child stay indoors. It is the most important thing you can do as individuals to help fight against the coronavirus and protect the NHS and save lives.
Government Emergency Measures
- You must stay at home, except in limited cases
- Non-essential shops and community spaces will be closed
- You must not meet with friends or see family who do not live with you
- You must not be out in a group of more than 2 people (unless they are from your household)
Police have been given extra powers to enforce these rules.
You will only be allowed to leave your home for the following reason:
- Shopping for basic necessities – e.g. getting food or medicine
- One form of exercise – e.g. a walk or run (alone or with people you live with)
- A medical need – e.g. going to the doctor or the hospital
- Providing care – assisting a vulnerable person, moving children under the age of 18 between parent’s homes where applicable
- Travelling to and from work – but only if absolutely necessary
These should only be done if absolutely necessary.
These rules must be followed by everyone.
Closing non-essential places
All non-essential shops and places are closed. These include libraries, community centres and youth centres, places of worship and many more. Shops that sell food and medicines remain open, but should only visited as infrequently as possible.
Hammersmith Academy – Staffing
The Academy is now operating with the absolute minimum number of staff possible in order to protect their welfare. Although staff are working from home, this will have an impact on how quickly we can respond to your queries. Please be patient with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We aim to support key workers where it is absolutely essential for their children to be at school. When children of key workers can be at home, they must remain at home. This is to help stop the spread of the virus and enable the Academy to operate with as minimal staff as possible.