Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Information
The government has now given the go ahead for schools in England to reopen for Year 10 and Year 12 students. All other students in Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9, will also receive some face-to-face time with their tutors to review their progress.
Returning to School Safely
The Academy has implemented a host of safety measures to ensure that both staff and students remain as safe as possible whilst at school. These include temperature testing for all people who enter the site, extensive hygiene routines and social distancing protocols. Please watch our safety video to familiarise yourself with our safety protocols.
Here is the Academy’s phased return timeline for the remainder of this academic year.
Year 10 and Year 12 Feedback and Lessons –
Week beginning Monday 22nd June until Friday 11th July
- Students will receive subject feedback and begin lessons.
- Year 10 students will be divided into two groups; Group A and Group B. Each group will have its own timetabled slot and students and parents will be informed of their group shortly.
- The Year 10 timetable is divided 50% in school and 50% at home.
- Year 12 students will have a Monday-Thursday timetable in school and the Friday will be spent at home.
- This timetable will remain in place until Friday 11th June.
Summer Work Packs – Week beginning 13th July
- All students will be issued with a summer work pack.
- The work will provide a booster to help students cover lost ground and give students a solid foundation on which to start the new academic year in September.
- The work will allow teachers to assess student’s individual progress. This will be used by the subject teachers in September to assure that work is pitched at a challenging but appropriate level.
Year 7 – Year 10 Tutor Progress Review Meetings – Monday 13th July/Tuesday 14th July
- Students in Year 7-10 will be invited to face-to-face tutor meetings to review the progress that they have made during the Home Learning Programme.
- Students will be given their subject statements and targets.
- Progress Packs will be explained and given out by the tutor. Non-attendees will have their packs posted.
- These will be for students only in order to keep face-to-face contact to a minimum.
- Students and parents will be informed of their individual appointment time slot prior to the meeting.
Year 12 Tutor Progress Review Meetings – Wednesday 15th July
- Students in Year 12 will be invited to face-to-face tutor meetings to review the progress that they have made during the Home Learning Programme. Students will be given their subject statement and targets.
- Progress Packs will be given out by the tutor. Non-attendees will have their packs posted.
- Vital that Year 12 students receive support prior to the summer break, in particular ahead of their UCAS applications when they return in September.
Reopening of School Risk Assessment
Detailed thought has been given to reopening the Academy safely. You are welcome to download and read our risk assessment here.
Please click on the sidebar links to access the information you require. We will provide updated information surrounding coronavirus (Covid-19) and school closure here.